Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fox and coyote!

Well, spring has sprung... All the new activities and growth are getting going.  The chicks we mentioned are but the latest (and pretty loud when they want to be...)

Last week, there was a frost, so I got up early to water some plants and reduce the frost damage.  While I was doing this, a coyote emerged at the end of the lane, just across the street from our house...
He saw me and retreated but he was a beauty.  Small to mid-size but with good hair and health, perhaps a yearling? 
So the next morning, I woke up early again but that morning I saw a fox.  At least I had the camera but the zoom was not so great, especially in low light.  Again, a good looking animal, and pretty big and well fed for a fox.  Beautiful red with white tail.  Take a look.  I've been looking again but have not seen either since...

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What fun to see wildlife in your neighborhood! I just love foxes.

    ReplyDelete